What is Modvigil?
Modvigil 200 is a common generic brand of the drug Modafinil, which belongs to a class of drugs known as eugoreics. This specific class enhances alertness and wakefulness. It is meant to be used by patients suffering from narcolepsy and excessive sleepiness.
People also use Modvigil to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), shift work sleep disorder, and obstructive sleep apnea. Modvigil comes in 200 mg or 100 mg Modafinil tablets, taken one to two times in a day.
Mind you, this is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor before taking anything psychoactive.
The smart drug’s mechanism of action is not fully understood. It is mainly associated with a change in the levels of dopamine in the brain. Dopamine, a neurotransmitter in the brain, controls mood, pleasure, alertness, memory, and many other functions in the body.
However, Modafinil has a far wider “reach” than that with regards to brain chemistry. Modvigil (Modafinil) modulates several other key neurotransmitters, namely serotonin, glutamate, orexin, histamine, norepinephrine and GABA. [R]
History of Modvigil
The brand is manufactured by a pharmaceutical company in India known as HAB Pharmaceuticals. Modafinil was discovered in France through experimental studies on narcoleptic patients in 1986.
After conclusive studies, the FDA approved the drug in 1998. The French pharmaceutical company (Lafon Laboratories) responsible for developing the drug patented Modafinil, which would started being sold as Modiodal. In 1998, Cephalon Inc. bought the rights from Lafon and started manufacturing and marketing it as Provigil in the US.
Following Cephalon’s exclusivity expiry, HAB pharmaceuticals gained the right to start producing their own version of the drug, which is currently known as Modvigil.
Modvigil review: What is Modvigil used for?
Aside from those suffering from certain mental disorders, there are those who use it as a cognitive enhancer. Off-label use is popular among students, professionals and sports enthusiasts. Modvigil reviews from users of the drug include:
- Patients find it a good choice because it is effective and less heavy in side effects than Adderall.
- A particular patient claims that using the drug for a year helped boost his memory and enables him to remember people and things that he could previously not remember.
- Some patients using the drug claim that it did not help in relieving fatigue or narcolepsy. Instead, the drug only gave the patients constant headaches forcing them to opt for an alternative drug.
- The drug enhanced the productivity of office workers who used to sleep on the job.
- One patient who has two part-time jobs and also attends college started using the drug to stay awake and alert in class and at work. The drug has helped him boost both work and school performance.
- A certain firefighter admitted that he and his crew use the drug when they are running long night shifts. Since most fires occur at night, the drug helps them stay alert to attend to each fire break out case reported.
- One college student had poor grades because of a lack of focus in class. After starting the medication, the student’s grades improved and she is now on top of her class.
Modvigil 200 side effects
Despite its ability to promote wakefulness and alertness without uncomfortable stimulation, Modvigil can produce several side effects. Some common side effects include headaches, nervousness, nausea, dizziness, indigestion, diarrhea, sleeping difficulties, and a running nose.
Very rarely, the drug has some serious side effects. These include: palpitations due to increased heartbeat, changes in mood, such as irritability and agitation, visual and auditory hallucinations , confusion of time and space, chest pains.
It can also cause serious allergic reactions, although this is a rare occurrence as well. The symptoms are fever, swollen throat and face, breathing difficulties, swollen lymph nodes, and itching.
The drug can also decrease the potency of certain substances if patients take them concurrently. Some of the substances include:
- Hormonal contraceptives. The drug renders hormonal contraceptives ineffective and can make a woman pregnant. Doctors recommend the use of other forms of contraception while on the drug. The patient can, however, resume hormonal contraception a month or two after the last dose.
- Caffeine. Taking caffeine while on the drug increases its side effects.
- Meds such as ritonavir, axitinib, and ombitasvir (increases elimination). This implies that the doctor needs to increase the dose and frequency at which the patient takes these drugs if they are using Modvigil concurrently.
Should you buy Modvigil online?
Whether you should buy Modvigil 200 online is entirely up to you and your doctor. While it is possible to buy Modvigil 200 without a prescription, it’s always best to have one at hand. Then there comes the question of whether or not you really need Modvigil, or whether you want to use it for cognitive enhancement.
Regardless of your reasons, you should stay away from shady vendors. What with the COVID-19 pandemic and economic depression looming by, Internet scams have seen a rise.
It’s important that you not only use Modvigil responsible, but that you also not make mistakes with your purchases. Learn more on how to order Modafinil online by reading our ultimate guide.